Pop-A-Lock has grown to become America’s most trusted locksmithing experts. Our operation in Kentucky ensures security, protects lives and valuables. Over the years, we have saved customers from hundreds of potentially dangerous situations.
As a result, we have gathered countless “locksmithing tips” and resources. Print copies of this page to save—in a kitchen drawer, on the office clipboard or in your vehicle glove box.
Any time you need a locksmith, call Pop-A-Lock of Lexington (859) 253-6736, in Louisville (502) 895-6736 and in Southern Indiana (812) 288-7576.
Automotive Safety Tips
- Always lock it!
- Use an anti-theft device when parking in high-crime areas.
- Never leave a spare key inside your car.
- Place packages and valuables in the trunk.
- When shopping at night, park in well-lit areas with the store in clear view.
Home Safety Tips
- Make sure your home looks like someone’s living in it.
- Don’t close your curtains in the daytime.
- Consider automatic timed-switches at night when you’re away.
- Cancel newspaper and mail delivery when away for more than 3 days.
- Lock all outside doors and windows. If you have a burglar alarm, tell police who has your spare key.
Business Safety Tips
- Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double-cylinder deadbolts with movable collars.
- Ensure the entire perimeter of your business is well-lit.
- Advertise the presence of your alarm system (even if you don’t have one!)
- Safes and cash registers should be in plain view and left open when empty or not in use.
- Regarding key control—a master key system where one key opens everything may not be best for security. Consider all key control options. Disallow employees from making key duplicates, and change locks whenever key security is threatened.